(Please download and play the native Windows/macOS version. The WebGL build sucks.)
A rhythm platformer without platforms, but with original music, all made in 72 hours.
Jump to the rhythm, avoid enemies and complete your journey. (There is a reward at the end.)
Move diagonally by pressing (choose any of following):
- two arrow keys (e.g. to go "up, right" press Up and Right arrow keys at the same time; if you press only one arrow key, it is ignored)
- I, O, K, L
- 7, 9, 1, 3 keys on the numpad
- Watch for movement patterns for each enemy type and use the information for finding a safe path around (or under) it.
- If there is a checkpoint nearby and/or there are too many enemies, it may be easier to “just run there” and try your luck.
- Going through the straight corridor at the end is actually easier than it seems: it is possible to just go straight without stopping if you start at the right time
This Ludum Dare's theme was "Combine 2 Incompatible Genres". We chose "turn-based/rhythm" + "platformer". (Actually there in only one platform in the final game, but I guess it still has enough features of a platformer...)
Any kind of feedback is appreciated!
(If you come from Ludum Dare, please post the comment there.)
Ludum Dare submission: https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/41/steps
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.